Sunday, December 12, 2010

Buying Panels

As luck would have it, the day before I bought my solar system, the 25% rebate offered by the state of Utah was discontinued. Ah crap! Too late now, I'm committed regardless.




Above is a picture of my order (that http://www.utahsolar.com/ took) before being loaded on the truck in California and to shipped to my house in Utah.
I took out a $22,800 home equity loan for the panels but initially paid using credit cards. If you get 1% cash back on all purchases and pay off the balance before the due date, why not? That knocked off $214.65, more than enough to buy a remote power monitoring hardware/software and Internet gateway package, (TED5000 www.theenergydetective.com/store). Cool! Snort snort.


Here it is being unloaded at my house.

For our anniversary, I told my wife I was buying something beautiful, expensive and that sparkles in the sunlight. For some reason she was not as excited as I was when it arrived on the truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment